A number of Staffordshire churches will feature in the launch of a new guide-book to the Two Saints Way pilgrimage route.
The route goes from Chester to Lichfield: the two saints of the title being St Chad, one of the first bishops of Lichfield/Mercia, and St Werburgh a saint born in Staffordshire.
David Pott, who came up with the idea of the Two Saints Way six years ago, and who has written this new book about it, is doing the route in the first week of November, promoting the work as he walks.
He will start at the Cheshire end, and all are welcome to meet him as he goes along.
After passing from Chester and Nantwich in the first two days, he approaches the Staffordshire border on the Tuesday.
▪ Tuesday Nov 3 @ 4:00pm, Englesea Brook Chapel CW5 5QW
▪ Wednesday Nov 4 @ 3:30pm Potteries Museum ST1 3DW
▪ Thursday Nov 5 @ 7:30pm Christ Church Hall, Stone ST15 8ZB (free refreshments)
▪ Friday Nov 6 @ 3:00pm Mayor’s Parlour, Civic Centre, Riverside, Stafford ST16 3AQ
▪ Saturday Nov 7 @ 2:30pm Lichfield Cathedral WS13 7LD (followed by refreshments at St Chad’s Church WS13 7ND)
All events free (except the one in Nantwich) – but try to email email@example.com by October 22 to confirm you are coming, so hosts can have an idea of numbers expected.